Be education’s incubator aims at supporting innovative entrepreneurs in the education sector.
Very often, innovative projects aiming at transforming education start at home by teachers, parents or entrepreneurs. Not only is the entrepreneurial adventure long and lonely, it is also punctuated by obstacles that are sometimes demotivating. In a system desperate for change and improvement it is important to support and empower the education changemakers this is why Be education is offering workspace, coaching and training to a series early stage projects in order to help them grow and blossom.
The goal of Be education’s incubator is to support education changemakers and give them the tools and support they need to pilot and spread their solutions.
Systemic impact in mandatory education (3-18 yo)
The project impact the school system and has the potential to reach
The project addresses one of the major challenges of education in Belgium (school drop, inequity, teacher trainings, reinforcing knowledge and 21th century skills).
The project has between 1 and 4 years of existence, a business model and a first successful pilot. Being a winner of the of the Teach of Belgium Award and the Ashoka Education Innovation Fund is a plus.
The selection process
Application can be submitted all year long here, entry takes place twice a year in January and September each year.
• Interview with Be education
• Due diligence : business plan, field visit, reference checks
• Validation by Be education’s Board
• Winners of the Teach of Belgium Award and the Ashoka Education Innovation Fund have the opportunity to join the incubator if they decide to be fully dedicated to their project.
For a period of 1year, renewable once:
- Acces to a workspace in Be Central: flexible office, meeting rooms, wifi, printing, etc.
- Access to training, workshops and round table discussions organized by Be education and its partners
- Access to online resources and tools
- Coaching by Be education to identify needs and guide towards solutions
- Networking with mature organisations in the sector
What Be education offers
- Share Be education’s vision, mission and values
- Share in a transparent and regular way to progress of the project and the results (partnerships, beneficiaries, funding)
- Attend at least 60% of training courses and other meetings organized by Be education
- Collaborate and share knowledge with the community
- Participate in the improvement and promotion of Be education
- Contribute financially up to 30€ per month / 360€ per year.
Education in Belgium faces many challenges and innovative solutions are necessary. If you have a project with a successful first piloteplease do not hesitate to contact us and apply online to join our incubator. Our goal will then be to support,, motivate and allow you to develop your skills and increase the impact of your project.